Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

I have finally become part of the elite community of individuals known as bloggers. I was rather surprised at how easy it was to actually set up a blog.

This blog will serve as a forum to showcase some of my art work in addition to giving me a more provocative margin to express my daily musings and thoughts.

Today's thought...

It is early Tuesday morning...I am having my coffee and taking stock of what the day will bring. I was up rather late last night painting a three dimensional gargoyle I purchased from a craft store. He was rather milky gray in color, had no character to speak of and was overall, a boring piece of sculpture. It is amazing what some paint and a little imagination can do. He actually appears to have come to life and exhibits a personality now. I will take pix tonight and post tomorrow.

I'm also beginning the nesting rituals that arrive with the cool winds of autumn. The house is peppered with the scent of warm pumpkin bread with walnuts and lots of cinnamon. Our parrots love to feast on this special bread (in moderation, of course!). They begin to squawk as soon as it comes out of the oven. I must confess, due to my affinity for a peaceful home...they get the first piece...LOL.

Have a good day everyone...

1 comment:

  1. You write of things that immediately fill me with the stuffs of memory and feelings of warmth - autumn, morning coffee, the scent of pumpkin, apples, baking bread and cinnamon. All certainly blend into that aroma of peace.

    ReplyDelete